fot

Re: [Fot] Dreaded Thrust Washers in the Oil Pan

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Dreaded Thrust Washers in the Oil Pan
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:33:31 -0400
Group
Thanks for all the advice on managing the thrust washer issue on this
TR6 engine.
Following Geoff Byrne's advice, I fired up my trusty Atlas lathe and
went to work.
I machined a counterbore in the scored cap to accept a new bronze full
circle thrust washer also machined on the lathe.
The attachment to the cap will me made with brass countersunk machine
screws.

Plan is to see if the rear thrust washers conform to the scored, but
somewhat smooth, crank thrust surface.
The owner wants to drive it this summer.
Also monitor end play and pull the engine in the fall if it becomes
excessive and grind the crank.
It's not all complete but making good progress.
Thanks again
Glenn