fot

Re: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???
From: "Dave Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:27:03 -0700
This is funny considering that Time has a presence on FB

http://www.facebook.com/time

Here is an article that Time did last year on FB.  Note the title of the
Article.  "Why Facebook Is for Old Fogies"

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1879169,00.html

Since Time (printed on dead trees) like most other legacy media is a day
late and a dollar short here is actually their "latest" info re: FB that
they "published" today and not last week.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/05/27/times-qa-with-facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerbe
rg/

Here is the article from Time on Dead Tree that Michael was referring too

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1990582,00.html

Note this quote from the article: "...Facebook represents a tremendous
cultural shift, particularly since 28% of the site's users are older than
34, Facebook's fastest-growing demographic..."

Any new technology has pluses and minuses. Paying your bills on-line is not
without risk.  I'll keep do that as long as I take normal precautions.  For
anyone that posts on FB (or does anything on the Internet) if you think what
you are doing is private and that noone will see it than you are sadly
mistaken.  Anything I put up, be it on FB or my own personal site
http://www.davesdroppings.com Imust anticipate that it could come back to me
in the future.  As long as you are comfortable with that you can live part
of your live on-line.  If you're not then don't.  Choice is a great option.