fot

[Fot] My TR3A has a 12 quart sump.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] My TR3A has a 12 quart sump.
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 22:53:52 -0400
I do dumb stuff sometimes....of course.

A couple of weeks ago I started to prepare the TR3A for an oil change.

Today, I carefully replaced the filter and filter body.

Thinking I had already drained the pan, I poured 6 quarts of oil in the engine
and checked the dipstick.

Nope, that cant be right. The oil is dirty looking and reads high on the
dipstick.

------
I did something like this about 40 years ago with a Bugeye Sprite.

Only this time I drained the oil and forgot to replace the drain plug.

It took about  four quart pour for that brand new oil to spread out to my
shoes.

---------

I doubt if  BRITISH PETROLEUM  would be very excited about my problems.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive