fot

Re: [Fot] My TR3A has a 12 quart sump.

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] My TR3A has a 12 quart sump.
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 16:14:13 -0700
I put the wrong filter on a car once.  After starting it I heard a splashing
sound when I walked around to look under, as I always do and found oil
pouring out of my running engine.  Unfortunately, this episode pales on
comparison to a recent one.

I change the oil on several cars at once, starting with an empty 5 gallon
pail for the dirty oil.  Yeah, you can see where this is going.  As I
finished car 3 or 4, the pail was getting pretty full and it was starting to
rain.  The car was on ramps, half into the court, so I gathered up my tools
and everything except the dirty oil pail.  Yeah, if you missed it before,
you know now.  I hopped in the car and got it off the ramps.  As I turned
the car, I caught the 5 gallon pail with the bumper, dumping it in the
street.  I sent my wife to the store for 100 pounds of kitty litter and
called the fire department, as it is a toxic spill and we're quite green
here in WA.  The firemen were pretty happy with my containment, but I sure
felt foolish.  The neighbors, who have a distain for my excessive number of
cars anyway and public wrenching, all legal with the HOA, were not pleased.
I sure hope I never spill 4 gallons of dirty oil in the street again.  Not
fun.

Jack