fot

Re: [Fot] oil filter/cooler adapter

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] oil filter/cooler adapter
From: robert bownes <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:34:52 -0400
Sounds like the kingpins on my godfather's 1936 MG VA. He bought it in 37,
broke a kingpin in 43 or so. No way he was getting a replacement in the
middle of the War. He owned a company that made and sold pumps, so he went
down to the machine shop and had the shop foreman make him a new set. When
one of those broke in about 1998, he went down to the shop, cornered the
foreman and complained about the shoddy materials and workmanship to the
very same foreman (with a large grin on his face I'm sure).

Said foreman told him 'George, come back this afternoon and I'll have you a
new set.'

Lo, and behold, that afternoon a new set was delivered. New kingpins, ways,
and all the associated bits all made from titanium. (complete with
appropriate bolts to prevent galling).

Foreman told him 'George, I'll guarantee these for the rest of our lives',
with an equally large grin. Both of them were over 90.

George passed on a few years later, as did the machinist. But the kingpins
roll on in that VA.

iii