fot

Re: [Fot] HS6 carb hesitation TR4

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] HS6 carb hesitation TR4
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:05:20 -0500
Tony,
If I remember correctly, I had to make another inlet by drilling another
hole and inserting a tube using JB Weld.  The original tubes had to be
capped.  I remember going all over town trying to find caps of the
proper size.  I ended up with this goofy cap arrangement, but it works.
Here are a couple of photos for those emailed directly. Everyone
discovers this problem.  Sounds like a good item for TonyDrews.com
Larry

Tony Drews wrote:
> With the 3 screws, there are 3 theoretical orientations of the float
> bowl tops.  Normally with the pivot at 90 to the centerline of the
> car, you will have the fuel line coming out to the right or to the
> left - I forget how the overflow line orientation goes.
>
> You can mostly see it in this picture of Jack's car:
> http://www.tonydrews.com/Done08engineR.jpg
>
> My recollection is that the pivot is at the front on the front carb
> and at the rear on the rear carb.
>
> Do whatever you have to do to the fuel line routing to get this
> orientation, it's very important.  We could reliably cause a major
> stumble in either right or left hand corners with any other float bowl
> top orientation.
>
> You can swap the tops between carbs if that helps.
>
> - Tony

HS6Carb03.JPG]

HS6Carb02.JPG]
fot@autox.team.net