fot

Re: [Fot] Nordschleife

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nordschleife
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:01:39 -0700
When I raced at the old Pebble Beach course through the DelMonte forest it was
lined with trees about 14 inches in diameter. Very unforgiving.
 I remember a "D" Jag tried to cut one off just past start finish on the left
hand side about 3' up. He failed as I remember. (circa 1956)
Yes, there were cars then and they even had rubber tires. :-)
---- Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com> wrote:

A Doug Fir is a Douglass Fir--a large tree in the Northwest. They are very
massive, they line the road I was talking about, and if you hit one nothing
happens to the tree.