fot

Re: [Fot] FOT: Commerical Posts - YES or NO?

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT: Commerical Posts - YES or NO?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:44:11 -0700
> I would welcome a open debate on the topic in order to get a sense of
> some guidelines.

My opinion : This is MJB's forum, he gets first chance at dictating any
rules or guidelines.  Presumably, these apply:
http://www.team.net/www/corp-use.html

IMO, Justin's post fit perfectly within those stated guidelines.  In
addition, I feel it was exactly the sort of information that *I* would like
to see posted; even though I am not particularly interested in trying the
product.

In this case, he had no financial interest; but I also welcome posts even
from those with a financial interest, as long as the item is novel or not
likely to be known to the majority of the group, and relevant to Triumph
racing.  Justin's announcement of his excellent silicone rocker cover
gaskets a few years back comes to mind as a perfect example of a desirable
"commercial" post.

Unless your off-list message came from MJB himself (and I'm confident it did
not), then I would write it off to "you can't please all the people all the
time".

IMO, NFI, YMMV, etc.
-- Randall
fot@autox.team.net