fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 query

To: "Ken Gano, home PC" <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 query
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:33:12 +0000 (UTC)
Greg,
That stc# is the year sold tag and they were screwed on. My car #46235 was
built in March '59, shipped to Cal Sales, Dorothy Deans dealership, in Glendale
Ca. in April '59, but the year sold tag has STC 60 and the title says first
year sold 1960. You can send your number info to The Heritage Trust Museum in
the UK to find out the specifics. They'll list all the info they have on the
numbers as well as the options the car was sold with. It's nice info to have,
and I think it cost around $50. They send you a formal certificate with
official stampings and signatures.
The frame # on the cross member of my car is related to the month and year the
frame was made. Mine is Z 2 9. Feb.'59 is consistent with the my cars build
date of March '59.

See you next week in Topeka,
Dave