fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP

To: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:25:59 -0500
We have those car running in CVAR and my TR4 loses to the fast MGB's, most
of the 911's and all the S7's. The 911's run 7" rims and 225-50-15 Hoosier
Street TD's or equivelent, even though they could be forced onto the
205-60-15 tire. Practicality rules the day as most 911 vintage racers also
run Porsche club events and they don't want two sets of wheels and tires. We
have a lot of 911's. I assume a TR6 would also run 225-50's.

We have some wacky rules in CVAR. The induction rule allows any carb as long
as you don't change the number of barrels. The fast MGB's are running 2"
SU's in place of the SCCA spec 1.5" versions, so that tells you that they
are moving a lot of air through the engine. I attest the t to the fact that
the MGB was a current car into the 1980's and was continued to be developed
way beyong the end of the line for the wet liner TR. That and all the
lightweight stuff we all try to use and viola, big HP. From what I've heard
we are pretty much maxxing out the TR engine and can't get much more through
without more rev's than we can afford.

The same induction rule allows one to run a TR6 with triple Webers even
though the SCCA had the dual car car as the spec. Just like the old days we
showed them the PI spec to get John Price's TR6 engine TVR legal and proved
the righteousness of the allowance. I'm itching to build a TR6 these days.

The S7's are supposed to run a single Weber with the (I think) 1300 engine
and dual Webers with the smaller engines. I suspect all the ones I see are
all bumped to 1500 cc's and I know they all run dual Webers. To add insult
to injury they class them with me in DP.

Since I have 7" rims I may have to test the "discernible difference between
a 6" and 7" rim on a 205 series tire" statement. I can't see how it could be
much. If it were, I'll runn 7"ers when I go west!

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi