fot

Re: [Fot] accusump

To: Jim Gray <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>, WILLIAM TOBIN
Subject: Re: [Fot] accusump
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:18:13 -0500
What Jim describes below is what I consider to be a best practice
(plumb it directly in to the oil gallery, use large tubing).

I too have mine mounted on the shelf behind the seats so I could fit
a passenger seat.  Mine is plumbed into the oil cooler / filter
return line using a T fitting and there is a check valve in the oil
cooler line before the T fitting so that it won't push oil in the
wrong direction.  That's usually the 2nd best alternative plumbing,
but can be more expedient to install.

One thing to think about too is a manual actuation ball valve vs. the
electric valve.  Mine has an electric valve which means that I don't
forget and leave it open when I shut off the engine (it's one of the
things powered by the ignition switch).  I have a separate switch
(secondary to the ignition switch) so that I can turn on the ignition
without turning the Accusump on, and I can shut the Accusump off on
the cool down lap while at high revs / high pressure.  I have an
older style electric valve - the newer style ones behave oddly.  I
believe that they don't flow a lot of volume when filling the
accusump but DO flow a lot when emptying it, but am not as familiar with that.

- Tony Drews

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html