fot

[Fot] D Prod lap records from 1960's at Elkhart Lake

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] D Prod lap records from 1960's at Elkhart Lake
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:45:34 -0500
With the VSCDA Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival (ELVF) coming up next weekend I
got to wondering if anyone had the lap records for about 1960 to 1965 (or
the TR4 era, more or less) at Road America  .  I suspect Elkhart Lake is one
of the few circuits, if not the only one, that has not changed its track
configuration in the last 50 or more years so the times could be compared to
the current fast TR4's.  As I recall, a number of years ago I did find the
DP lap record for one of those years and the fast guys were quite a bit
faster than the lap record, "back in the day".  Of course, I can't find that
information now.  Just curious.

Tim
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com