fot

[Fot] Weekend Update

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Weekend Update
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:46:46 -0400
Hi all, here's the scoop on the Watkins Glen Vintage GP held over the
weekend.
The weather was crappy Friday AM and most of Sunday; most of the folks cleared
out by Sunday noon.
There were seven Triumphs there; 4 Spits, a TR3, a 4A, Dick Stockton's TR4,
and my TR6. Dick was fastest of the TR bunch with a 2:22.8. I knocked off 10
seconds from last year and did a 2:44.9. Getting better.
In the Sat afternoon qualifier, I went through the last turn, saw the checker
waving, and shifted into 4th. With no results!  I coasted across the line and
finished with no drive. We think the clutch disc gave it up. Several folks
helped me check it out; we all figured it was the disc. It's a PITA to change,
so I spectated the rest of the weekend.
Thanks for the help Scott, Dick, and Allen, and others.
Bill
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html