fot

[Fot] funky oil

To: "friends of triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] funky oil
From: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:06:15 -0700
Family, the last two times i have had the oil pan off for bearing inspection,
the bottom , say 1/2 to 1 pint , of oil seems to be more of a slurry, like
syrup instead of oil. The first time i thought the residue was the remnants of
the rebuild,ie assembly lube, break-in wear and so on. I have removed all
bearing caps both times looking for anything unusual and i am getting good
wear patterns. The second removeval did not seem to yield as much slurry as
the first time. The engine is very fresh with virtually no hours on it. I have
Valvoline VR1 20-50 this time in it with a bottle of comp cams zdddp. Normal
or should i start freaking- out. Any input ??.......Thanks in
advance......Mark Pendy
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html