fot

Re: [Fot] Hub grease

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mark@bradakis.com>, "''Friends of Triumph'
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hub grease
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:27:21 -0500
I check the front rotor temps and front bearing temps (measured at the outer
edge of the sheet metal hub cap) and the normal range of temperatures is
about 350 to 450 for the discs and 150 to 225 on the hub caps.  This is with
an infrared thermometer.  The checks are made as soon as the car gets into
the paddock so the brake rotors have had some time to cool.  I think the
hubs, being a larger mass and not getting as much cooling air, might retain
their temperature quite a bit longer.  I just use the temps for comparative
data to see how things are working.

Tim