fot

Re: [Fot] Quaife question

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Quaife question
From: "mark eginton" <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 20:26:48 -0400
Well, if you decide to run without it I can tell you; keep a hand on the
first generation limited slip - the old ebrake in corners where you get a
lot of wheel spin. Back in the late 50s my dad and his friends used the
ebrake in gymkanas when the wheel would spin -  before he put limited slip
in. Works great in a TR3 since you have to push the button to get it the
ebrake to stay pulled. I have tried it in an autocross (unfortunately, I
threw out the limited slip thinking all rear ends had them in my brainless
youth!) but it does work better than nothing. Not nearly as good as limited
slip but it does make a difference.

Have fun,

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com