fot

[Fot] assembly lube

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] assembly lube
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:21:09 -0500
We should let Greg answer, but when I reassemble an engine using existing
cam and lifters I use a thin coating of cam lube and pump oil all over it.
 I've used the stuff in the little yellow tub that  Ken G. sends out with
his
 camshafts and also bought the CompCam cam oil for this purpose. Then I just
worry about oil pressure prior to startup, then seating the rings.

 Greg noted how he does not use Moly paste on bearings. I think this is a
 worthy thread on it's own. I have the Redline white assembly lube, the moly
 paste, and a couple of brands of the sticky red goo that I use differently
 depending on the situation. I think I have been using them incorrectly and
I'd like to learn what is correct. Fot example, I use the red goo for
 bearings on new engines but when I replace bearing in situ I have been
using
 the moly paste because it doesn't run all over the place.

 Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com