fot

Re: [Fot] Intent to ENTER LAGUNA SECA Kastner Cup Series #9

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Intent to ENTER LAGUNA SECA Kastner Cup Series #9
From: John Nikas <capecoventryracing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 07:55:38 -0800
This discussion in interesting but wholly premature. When the idea of
hosting the Cup next year was raised in June with HMSA this issue was
discussed.  The preliminary understanding is that you must comply with your
home sanctioning body's rules (not HMSA). To do otherwise would preclude the
participation of cars from across the country which is the intent. This
isn't an application event. There will be a registration for which you will
make clear you are a Cup participant.
On Nov 9, 2010 7:46 AM, "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com> wrote:
> Gee, why not? Why not have V8's and six speeds? Where should that line be
> drawn? Most folks would like it to be drawn right behind them.
>
> I empathize, I have a TR3 rotting in my basement that I spent a small
fortune
> on before I realized that sanctioning bodies have rules. But they do. Some
> bend more than others. HMSA is a for-profit company, and they're
interested in
> lots of entries, but they stand pretty solid on period-correct
modifications.
> If you can show a crank-fired ignition and flares in a relevant GCR then
> you're in.
>
> That said, this isn't the Monterey Historics, and there will probably be
> latitude. You need to find out what they will accept in a car being towed
> long way. The way it usually works is that if your'e a local, they're
pretty
> strict. You have only a few races to get your car in conformance before
it's
> banned. A one-time visitor often just has the non-conforming bits noted.
Your

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/mpendy@dishmail.net