fot

[Fot] TR3-4 Billet crankshaft help

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TR3-4 Billet crankshaft help
From: John Frymark <jfrymark@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:25:41 -0800
Listers,

I acquired a TR3-4 billet crank that has non-stock dimensions at the
rear seal and flywheel end. I can't seem to get any info /history on
the original set-up.

The crank is like a TR6 with no flange to mount the flywheel, but the
diameter at the rear seal is 3.125" (versus something under 3" for
stock TR6 and 2.5" for the no scroll TR3-4 upgrade seal). I posted a
picture showing the crank next to a stock unit @:

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/jfrymark/TR4%20Crankshaft/

Any one know of this set-up or a rear seal for this crank?

Also, I have investigated a run of TR3-4 billet crankshafts from
Marine Crankshaft, a highly respected shop in Santa Ana, CA. Price is
under $2500 depending on run size. If you might be interested, let me
know off-line. No obligation at this time...info gathering only.

Thanks,
John Frymark
VARA DP #67 TR4A
fot@autox.team.net