fot

Re: [Fot] Oversize lifter bore

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oversize lifter bore
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 10:22:31 -0600
Chip, could you explain this?  How does a larger diameter lifter change
the valve timing?

For the TR3/4 I've found that 99% of the available cams are designed
using the lowest common denominator for lifters.  In the US, the
smallest common lifter is the SBC at 0.842.  I've often wondered whether
some of these grinds find their way into Spitfire and TR6 engines with
the 0.800 lifter.  The result would be a cam that would run off the edge
of the lifter. One can always get more lift by using a cam designed for
a larger lifter.
Larry Young

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com