fot

Re: [Fot] Oversize lifter bore

To: "George Harmuth" <harmug@us.ibm.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oversize lifter bore
From: "Chip Collingwood" <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 19:45:27 -0500
Good question Mike/George,

The answer is most likely yes. On our race and street motors for the TR6 we
overbored the lifter holes and fitted them for the Ford solid lifter. Of
course this would not be legal for SCCA. But would be fine for
Vintage/Street applications as internal engine parts are "Free" in many
sanctioning bodies. This mod will open and close the valve sooner but will
not effect maximum lift...and good lifters are available. What we did was
use a CNC and wrote a program to get the job done. You must be very
conscious of the relationship between the cam and the lifter bore angle and
offset. We also found that this mod interfered slightly with the
distributor drive...to get around this problem we offset the bore
centerline for that particular valve...it didn't take much.

Chip
U K Motorsports