fot

Re: [Fot] Group 44 TR6 suspension question

To: John Frymark <jfrymark@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Group 44 TR6 suspension question
From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:59:47 +0000
I have bought a set of similar springs [forget the brand, but a
competitor].  They are too narrow in diameter to fit the TR, so  had some
mouts machined to hold them [since they are shorter than stock there was
room for it.  Glad to pass along the e-machine shop file I created.  I got 4
made [for the front] as I had already rigged up something o the rear.  Cost
was about $200 -- but a group order of a larger quantity could significantly
lower the costs [I am willing to do that, place a group order, but am out of
the country till June, so delivery would be difficult].

After talking to a particularly fast TR6 guy [white TR6 #7 whom I sure most
of you know], I raised my spring weights to 800 pounds in the rear [8" tall
springs] and 600 in the front [6" tall, but the spacers add an inch top and
bottom.

As an alternative, Ted Schumaker [TSI Automotive] told me he could deiver TR
diameter springs in whatever length and poundage you want.

Chuck