fot

Re: [Fot] Video on Vintage race crashes.

To: fot-bounces@autox.team.net, tylerpthompson@yahoo.com, FOT team
Subject: Re: [Fot] Video on Vintage race crashes.
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 8:56:36 -0800
Yes, I had one roll over in 1960 (my last race and then the factory folks found
out I was racing). I had in my smaller round bar just in back of my head, and
it protected me just fine. But my hard hat is what did the job for me. I still
have my helmet and it has three marks about 1.5" in diameter. This was my
second generation bar.  Never had a roll over in the previous 8 years. Several
roll overs in my team cars, no one was ever knocked out or hurt in any way even
though a couple of the cars were totaled.

---- tylerpthompson@yahoo.com wrote:
Kas-

Did you have any rollovers before you put the roll bar in?  Or after? Seeing
some of these guys get up and walk away is pretty amazing.

Ty