fot

Re: [Fot] SU vs Stromberg

To: VANDECARR@aol.com, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] SU vs Stromberg
From: <rodkent@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:15:06 -0400
This will be a fun one to watch, I personally like the TR-4 type strongbergs
the best. That's what I used on my SCCA national 6 for years before the webers
were legal, never missed a beat. I think they are both good, but the friends I
had running SU's seem to have to fiddle more. I think it's just personal
preference. Good luck........rod
---- Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
On the 1.75" carbs, the strombergs have a shallower float bowl, and
the floats aren't oriented optimally.  On the SU's, the float bowls
are deeper and you can orient the float pivots toward the front and
rear of the car.  The strombergs, when mounted on the right hand side
of the engine will have issues in heavy cornering left hand turns - I
think they went rich, but it's been a while.  Car would fall flat on
its face for a second until the carbs recovered.  Very
frustrating.  Based on that experience, I'd recommend the SU's.

- Tony Drews