fot

[Fot] SU vs Stromberg

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] SU vs Stromberg
From: VANDECARR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:36:55 EDT
I've noticed most of the vintage racers use SUs instead of Strombergs.   On
my TR 6 I had the webers but I'm now driving a Lola with a Lotus twin cam.
It has the Stromberg head and the Weber heads are just not available or
stupid expensive.   I adapted the Weber 45 MCHH carbs and they work OK but
can't
take the G forces and are constantly spilling gas.   After many
modifications and 2 fires at the last event in Georgia I've decided to trash
them.   I
have a set of Strombergs and SUs   I can rebuild, which would be best?

Dean VanDeCarr
TR 6 autocross
More TR6 street cars than my wife allows
1970 Lola T200
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html