fot

Re: [Fot] Southern Region Triumph Ghetto

To: <n197tr4@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Southern Region Triumph Ghetto
From: "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 22:43:46 -0500
I'll keep yall posted.  This was race weekend #9 on this build.  I shift at
5500 rpm and oil pressure was 80 psi when all hell broke loose.  I should
have the chance to pull the engine in the next two weeks.  I'd like to see
the collective experience with crank failures.  Specifically how long did
they last and root cause if known.  I'd like data to help figure out if
using a stock crank should I be expecting a failure on a regular frequency.
That might convince me to spend a few grand for a stronger crank up front.
Stay tuned.

BTW... It broke after taking the checker in race 1 Saturday morning.  At
least I beat all the other VA and VB guys.  The timing of the failure was
unfortunate because I missed racing Bob Kramer, Bill Collins, and my Dad (+
2 Morgan guys Duncan and Pierce(SP?)) in the small bore festival race.