fot

Re: [Fot] Sputtering TR question

To: <rkramer@rdoequipment.com>, fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sputtering TR question
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 19:08:43 +0000
The TR3-4 engine is a maker of really really heavy vibration at about 5200
revs.  In the engine dyno you cannot keep the carb bell in your hand the
vibration is so severe at that rev.  The gas in the bowl at that time is
almost all foam. Amazing that engine runs at all there. "O" ringing the
insulater blocks really helps a bunch.

> From: RKramer@rdoequipment.com
> To: fot@autox.team.net
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 07:58:23 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Sputtering TR question
>
> With HS6's I haven't had a fuel foaming issue, but with my previous TR4,
with
> H6's I struggled with them as Tony describes. I did three things and solved
> the problem. First I tried safety wire to secure the float bowls from
shaking
> so much, with limited improvement. Second I had been advised that it was
best
> to weld up the tranny mount into a solid mount to avoid failures , but I
> determined that this added to the resonance issues. I now fill the cavity
of
> a stock mount with silicone, gradually so it cures. This is the "Air
Triumph"
> mount. Lastly I placed 2" o-rings between the insulator block and the
intake
> manifold surface (or was it the carb surface?). I used a 2" hole saw to cut
> locating groove in the insulator and slightly longer studs to mnount the
> carbs. Worked for me.
>
> Bob Kramer

Behalf