fot

[Fot] O2 sensors and AFR

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] O2 sensors and AFR
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:33:12 -0500
I'm trying to use a normal narrow band O2 sensor to aid in dialing in an
engine.  I have a few questions about how these things work:
1. How quickly do they respond to a change, e.g. throttle position or load?
2.  How is the AFR reading effected by temperature?
3.  How does the AFR read if a cylinder is missing intermittently?
Based on info found on the web, I welded the bung about 4 feet from the
head.  Documentation with the Westach gauge says it should be 600
degrees.  Mine is running around 450.  The way I understand it, the
gauge fundamentally measures oxygen concentration.  If a cylinder is
misfiring, there will be oxygen and unburned fuel in the exhaust, not
the same as a rich mixture in a cylinder that is firing.  TIA
Larry
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html