fot

Re: [Fot] spitfire vs GT6 front upright

To: spitlist@cox.net, herald948@aol.com, Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] spitfire vs GT6 front upright
From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 14:22:49 +1000
thanks for rapid feedback folks.

the GT6 uses the bigger wheel bearings in common with Triumph 2000, so the
stub axle is larger in diameter where the 2 bearings sit. that much is 100%
certain.

i have Spitfire stub axles but dont have a genuine GT6 one to check

what i'm trying to get confirmed, is if the taper where the stub-axle
presses into the the upright is the same or different between GT6 & Spitfire
1500 (late upright).

the hopeful end result of this query, is I'll buy some fatter/stronger late
1500 uprights which i'll modify for heim joint use (prototype already made)
and use GT6 or T2000 stub axles with the big bearings.

whislt I'm on this subject, can any of the Spitfire/GT6 racers reading this
advise what camber and caster they are using. Our prototype lower heim joint
system moves the base out 10mm to give about 2.5 degrees extra camber, and
forward about 3mm to give about 0.75 degrees extra castor.

terry
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html