fot

[Fot] Race report and Gt6 Tie rod set?

To: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Race report and Gt6 Tie rod set?
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:58:04 -0500
Amici,
I had my best racing weekend to date at blackhawk farms this weekend. My GT6
was on fire. I started 10th after qualifying on dry tires in the pouring
rain. With off and on heavy rain before the race I had no choice but to go
out on rain tires... then it stopped raining just as we made our way to the
grid. Looking for wetness on the outside of turns and taking some very
strange lines to keep my tires cool on the drying track I kept getting
faster and faster as the race went on, lapping very fast cars and picking
off cars at a rapid pace. With a few laps left, I saw the leader in sight
and made a hard charge for the front now with little regard for
conserving the tires.I was back and forth for second many times. With one
lap to go I was 3rd, nose to tail 1,2,3 with lapped traffic in the mix ahead
of us. Out of the last turn we dragged raced 3 wide to the checkered. I
ended up in second place, .02 ahead of third and just missing my first
victory...a mere .8 second behind. It was totally awesome.

In other Triumph news... Scott Barr had a solid run in his Spitfire moving
up through the field from the back of the grid to finish 10th. He moved up
10 spots.
The only other Triumph, Gade Snodgrass,Running in the F prod group Broke his
3rd rear trans extension in as many races, and is struggling to figure out
how to get his Tilton clutch to work properly. ???

Now that I'm done with my moment of glory, I need new gt6 tie rods. Looks
like only some of the piece are available in Vic Brit catalogue I don't
think the washer set they have available is enough to fix the major amount
of steering play I have and I would like to replace the whole thing. Two
questions, is there something better I should be using for a Tie rod end...
and where should I get some new ones?

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
fot@autox.team.net