fot

Re: [Fot] S.U. Fuel pressure

To: <colordog.1@earthlink.net>, <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] S.U. Fuel pressure
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:17:31 -0400
Thanks for the feedback Steve, Scott.  I am struggling with a very
intermittent problem with Evelyn's TR8 that I think might be fuel related.  It
just randomly shuts down every once in a while, feels like it runs out of gas.
Let it sit for 5 minutes and it starts and runs file.  Last couple of times it
did it was once after 150 miles of driving and once after 250 miles of
driving. Prior to that it ran a year after I had replaced the pump with no
issues. Recently I replaced the ground wire just in case.  Anyhow, the car
came with one of those inexpensive chrome pressure regulators with the big
round dial. I seem to recall folks having issues with those and was going to
replace it with a Holley 12-804 and be able to rule that out as a possible
problem source. My Spitfire has the same type of regulator so I was going to
replace that one at the same time.

Thanks again,

Marty