fot

Re: [Fot] S.U. Fuel pressure

To: "marty sukey" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] S.U. Fuel pressure
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:46:29 -0500
I had problems with that style pressure regulator (the inexpensive
chrome one with the big round dial).  I think others have as well.  I
replaced it with the Holley, replaced the Facet pump with a Holley Blue,
put in a nice Autometer pressure gauge and I've had no problems since -
with fuel stuff, anyway  :-)

I also had trouble with one of those glass in-line fuel filters.  I
liked it because you could see that you had fuel in the line, but it was
REALLY restricting the flow.  I was surprised how much it restricted
flow.  I ran a test, pumping fuel through the lines, eliminating one
element at a time, to find my problem.  That in-line filter cut flow by
more than half, IIRC.

Scott