fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 with SU175's?

To: "Bobby Whitehead" <igofaster@att.net>, "FoT Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 with SU175's?
From: "Richard Good" <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 22:16:15 -0400
Bobby,

The early manifolds were used through 1971 (Vin# CC75000) and have closer
port spacing than the later manifolds so they are not interchangeable on the
same head.  The port spacing is about 1-7/8" vs. 2-3/16".  Make sure your
manifold matches your head.  The wrong one will bolt on and probably seal
but will not flow well.

I have not heard of any issues with SU HS6's on the stock manifold hitting
the hood.   GT6 manifolds have the wide port spacing so they can only be
used on 1972 or later heads.  With the GT6 manifold I am afraid your front
air cleaner may interfere with the inner fender.

Regards,
Richard Good