fot

[Fot] TR6 with SU175's?

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 with SU175's?
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
So I bought a set of SU175's, used, on eBay. They came with the shorter version
of the intake manifold which is what I think is 'early' manifold (69-70?) . My
1971 TR6 has the 'deeper' manifold and to make it easier I'm trying to line the
SU's up on the deeper version. I'm wondering if the front carb will clear the
hood with the dashpot seemingly close to the inner support beam of the hood.
Or... does the GT6 intake manifold also line up with the TR6 head? I've got a
couple modified intakes that take 175's. The TR6 manifold rises up from the
head, the GT6 manifold drops down.

Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com