fot

[Fot] Bearing problem

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Bearing problem
From: SpiwakD@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:29:20 EDT
I just had all new bearings installed in my  TR3 at the local shop. We
misread the dipstick marks(new  dipstick) and it was low by 1 1/2 qts. I do
have
a Accusump. I ran two sessions  and then pressure dropped to 20 lbs. The
rod bearings are dark-colored and spun.  The center main is spun also. We
didn't remove the other caps yet.

The local shop is afraid to put in new bearings because they might have
missed something the last time. The crank had been ground and checked for
trueness. I hate to take it to an engine builder because I won't see it for
six months. I only got a half hour before bearing failure.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what to look  for?
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive