fot

Re: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms a success

To: n197tr4@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms a success
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:49:12 -0500
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:46 AM, <n197tr4@cs.com> wrote:

>  Our report...there should be more from others.
>
> The Blackhawk Classic was NOT a good outing for Friendly Ghost Racing.
> After Friday practice the weekend looked promising. We seemed to have solved
> accesive front tire wear problems by minor front end maintance and replacing
> front tie rod ends (very nice ones sourced from Spit Bits). Anyway, shifting
> got a little funny feeling towards the end of the first session Saturday
> morning. Entering the pit lane I could not get the car into second gear, nor
> first gear entering the paddock. Finally able to get first gear and made it
> to our spot at which point the car jumped out of gear and made an aweful
> grinding noise as the car popped out of first gear. Pulled the tunnel cover
> to find tons of aluminum dust and bits of very small aluminum shavings all
> over the trans and chassis rails. With no Tilton clutch spares or extra
> flywheel on hand, no attempt was made to fix it out there in the heat and
> dirt. I am eager to break everything down tonight to see what exactly
> happened. but suspect something went wrong with the clutch and flywheel and
> most definately something is terminal in that area.

I'll be looking for some help in this area once I figure out what exactly
broke. This Tilton set-up came with the car and besides basic notes on
clutch disk thicknesses and two part #'s, no real info on what all this
stuff is and where it came from is known. I'm sure I will need some new
parts and will be looking for info on what I need and where to get it.

My first DNS... Beaten by equipment.

Socially, a great FOT weekend hanging out for wine and cheese with Triumph
Legends Bill Damndinger and Bob Wismer whose cars are beautifully
prepared. A treat to talk about Laguna and FOT stuff with Joe Alexander. A
Mexican fiesta with Murphy Racing, Barrs, Husmann, Tom Strange, and
as always my main man GT6 Master John Reed.

FOT Rules!
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing GT6 # 27
fot@autox.team.net