fot

Re: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms NOT a success

To: sbarr@McCarty-Law.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms NOT a success
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:49:54 EDT
In a message dated 06/20/2011 12:46:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
sbarr@McCarty-Law.com writes:

> <---We had less success this weekend.  Chased a bad miss all weekend and
> ultimately popped a pushrod loose, shaving a bunch of aluminum off of
> the rocker.  Another rebuild on the way.  The upside is that it freed up a
> good coil for the Alexanders' efforts.  Great work, guys!  You looked very
> good out there.
> Presently having my ass kicked by equipment,--->

When I consider the effort Scott Barr (papa Jerry, and Tom Strange) put
into engine building and race car prep...sure seems like they ought to be
beating all comers.  No so this past week end however, but one can't help but
be
impressed by their fortitude.  Trackside efforts even included a 300 mile
trip back and forth to the Fox River Valley for parts.  There was a time when
Beady Eye racing used to perform such extraordinary efforts to keep a race
car on the track.  No more.  When something breaks now, it's almost a relief
to hide behind.  Wismer's TR4 ran great, and my TR3 ran OK, but stopped
wanting to go into 4th gear in the Saturday
Sprint race, so I skipped the feature on Sunday.  You can actually get into
a nice, pleasant rhythm doing Blackhawk using just 2nd and 3rd gears, but
you sure miss 4th on the two long straights.

Our Wine & Cheese parties on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights were a
great success.  In addition to Vermont Cheddar, some Muenster, and our ever
popular Mendora Bleu, we featured a new Wisconsin Brie from nearby Belmont.
It was well received and went well on rye crisp crackers.  Got to meet Jason
Ostrowski's (GT6) family.  He has two of the cutest little daughters, and
both will talk your arm off.  His wife's cute too.  He's got more than his
fair share of good looking women and thus is liable to cause a shortage.

Blackhawk Farms Raceway has all of the elevation changes of a frozen lake,
but its interesting collection of corners makes it a great 'driver's track'
and premier club circuit.  What a way to spend Father's Day.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html