fot

Re: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms, Success with some problems

To: timmurph@fastbytes.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms, Success with some problems
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:53:53 EDT
In a message dated 06/20/2011 2:30:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
timmurph@fastbytes.com writes:

> <<< We did check the
> resistance of the coil (Lucas Sport) just as I came off the track on
> Saturday and the primary was a little high, 3.5 ohms instead of the normal
> 2.9  3.0. >>>
> Tim...I am not sure what ignition system you are using, but some
> electronic systems do not like a 'Sport Coil'.  They much prefer a standard
>coil.
>  <<< I was getting some wheel spin off of some of the corners
> which was a little odd as we have a Detroit Locker.  Is there a way to
> check
> out the Locker by manually turning the wheels with the car off of the
> ground?  And, is there anything to check by taking the cover off of the
> diff
> and looking in? >>

Tim...Yes:

       1. Get both rear wheels off the ground and completely free;
       2. Place transmission in gear;
       3. With an assistant on the other side, start the test by rotating
both wheels in a forward direction as far as possible (normally both wheels
will be stopped after rotating only  a few inches);
       4. With one person firmly holding the right wheel forward (against
the stop), rotate the left wheel rearward while listening for a regular
indexing or clicking sound.  (the right wheel must be held firmly against the
stop or the left wheel will not disengage freely).
       5.  Now do the reverse and rotate both wheels rearward as far as
possible (again both wheels will be stopped after rotating only a few inches);
        6. Again with one person firmly holding the right wheel rearward
(against the stop), rotate the left wheel forward while listening for a
regular indexing or clicking sound.  (the right wheel must be held firmly
against
the stop or the left wheel will not disengage freely).
       7. REPEAT steps 3, 4, 5, and 6 only this time holding the left wheel
firm during each process;

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com