fot

[Fot] MGB bearings in Spitfire 1500?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] MGB bearings in Spitfire 1500?
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:06:25 -0500
I have a set of NOS bearings on my bench here, Glacier (AE) part number
B4512LC-.010 (marked as being for Austin, Leyland, MG, Morris).  My
recollection is that these are MGB rod bearings which I bought to use in my
1500 Spitfire.  They're a wider bearing but fit the Spitfire with a little
modification of the locating tangs, IIRC.

I know that I've done this installation before, but can't recall (or find any
notes) about how it worked out.  Could be one of those 1500cc motors that blew
up when I was having so much trouble with oiling.

Has anyone else done this?  Confirmation that it's a good or bad idea?

Would be nice to use them rather than buying new ones.  But I'd rather hand
them to one of our MG pals if it's a bad idea.

Scott
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html