fot

Re: [Fot] Freeing stuck pistons

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Freeing stuck pistons
From: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:50:19 -0600
Thanks for jarring the memory...
'43 Ford military jeep. Sold it to a friend - stuck engine and all. A
couple days later he had it on a lift with the pan off and a long
2"x4" on a bottle jack. Jacked that piston enough to push the Jeep
close to the ceiling. So he chained it down and jacked it up some
more. About the same time as the frame started to bend I finally
started telling him not to kill the poor little thing. Got him to put
it on the ground and a couple whacks with a wood block and BFH did
what thousands of pounds of pressure would not.

Greg "Lunker" Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM