fot

[Fot] Subject: I'm back (rear brake shoes)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Subject: I'm back (rear brake shoes)
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 00:45:32 -0400 (EDT)
If you can not fit the shoes into the drum, and can not get a shop to arc
them, file the metal ends of the shoes that fit into the adjuster and
cylinder ends till the drums will fit with the required click or two of free
play.  This is an emergency patch that I have used a number of times.   Check
after the first session to see if the shoes have reasonable contact with  the
drum.
 Is anything bent or not aligned?

TR Regards,
Hardy