fot

[Fot] TR6 timing with electronic ignition

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TR6 timing with electronic ignition
From: sherry robyn <sherryjimmy6116@att.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
What is the best method to time a 74 TR6 with a Pertronix ignitor and a Crane
ignition module?  I am using the stock distributor with both retard and
advance
lines disconnected.  The car has triple Webers and headers with a
stock cam and
the car is not used on the street.  I have been told that with
the Webers, I
will need to time it a little more advanced to get the benefit
of the carbs.

I had thought to start by using a vacuum guage to set the idle
timing and then a
timing light to see what it is doing at, say, 3000 and/or
4000 rpm.  Does anyone
have any ideas on what degrees of advance I should
shoot for at the higher rpm?

Thanks, Jim in Folsom, CA
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com