fot

Re: [Fot] Nippon Denso Alternator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nippon Denso Alternator
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:49:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

So I took the bait and ordered a Denso racing alternator from DB
Electrical. Nice unit. Mounting it was a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10
being impossible. Easy, peasey.

So, here's my question: the alternator is supposed to be
"self-exciting". Once you get to 3000 rpm, the thing should turn on. I was
expecting to see the system voltage jump up a bit to 13-ish when the
alternator turned on, but that is not the case. I get ROCK STEADY 12.06
volts from when I start the car 'till I shut it off.

Can anyone else whoe's done the conversion comment on the operation of
this setup?

Maybe I should be looking to use one of the other spade lugs on
the alternator to get the thing to turn on?

Alternately confused,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive