fot

Re: [Fot] Getting front and rear brakes working together

To: "'sherry robyn'" <sherryjimmy6116@att.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Getting front and rear brakes working together
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:04:07 -0700
> On a TR6, I was wondering the best way to be sure that I am
> getting the
> appropriate braking from my front and rear brakes

Find a quiet stretch of road and find out how fast you can stop.  Ideally
both front and rear should lock up at the same time.  But if the fronts lock
up first, and it only takes a little more pressure to lock up the rears,
that's OK.

To my way of thinking, this is reasonable periodic maintenance for old cars;
at least those driven on the street.  Good driver education, too.

-- Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html