fot

[Fot] Video - Edmonton Indy Car Support Race

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Video - Edmonton Indy Car Support Race
From: "Barry Munson" <barry@penybryn.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:34:59 -0600
Amici - While I realize that this is not strictly Triumph related ( the TR3
isn't ready yet), I participated in the Eurasia Cup support race at the
Edmonton Indy Car race held here in Edmonton at the downtown airport this
past weekend. The track was reconfigured from last year and is a little over
3 miles long with 13 corners, 2 of which are hairpins, with 3 very long
straights ( with the front straight being almost a mile long - the Indy cars
were topping out at 180-190 mph and this with an acute left at the end). We
put 50 cars on the track which made for some "interesting" moves. The incar
video is from the Subway GT3 Porsche Cup car driven by Peter Spencer,
because of the variety of cars entered - there were 2 British sports cars -
a gorgeous MGB and a Sunbeam Tiger, the closing speeds were phenomenal.

The video starts mid-race (the race was 45 mins. long).

Note the hi tech dash mounted analog g-force indicator...................

Barry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-8UWpVIWU
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com