fot

[Fot] Fwd: Hutchens Rage Hybrid reviews

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Hutchens Rage Hybrid reviews
From: REK46@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 12:29:38 -0500 (EST)
____________________________________
 From: REK46@aol.com
To: donmarshall@nefcom.net
Sent: 12/11/2011 12:27:33  P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: [Fot] Hutchens Rage Hybrid  reviews

Don...I just returned from Indy at the IMIS show....I spent a lot of time
looking at the Simpson Hybrid vs. Hans....The Simpson people were very
helpful  and measured me and put  both Hybrids on me ,along with a helmet and
into  a race seat...The carbon fiber one is the way to go...Lighter,and padded
inside..Couldn't tell I had it on...You can adjust the straps for side to
side  or get an optional sliding device..I 'm gonna get the straps first and
if enuf  vision is ok,fine..if not,they will supply a slider...You may need
a new  helmet that has the pre-drilled 'D'ring holes in it.(which I need
anyway)..or  you can drill your own holes.The D rings come with it and MUST be
used as they  are stronger and made to work with the head restraint,. YES,
the Simpson has  side impact protection that way...I'm gonna order one of the
Carbon Fiber ones  and a helmet..I also think it will be better in my car
because it does not  have the high-back extension behind the helmet that may
interfere with my cage  and head restraint position.I have a 30deg. layback
custom seat with-out the  full head rest in it...and a tight area due to
cage and sidebars,etc...That's  my vote based on 'actually' seeing and wearing
one...None of the guys in  NASCAR or F1 wore them because Simpson just got
their  SFI  approval..Before that,you were stuck with Hans or nothing....Rick

In a message dated 11/21/2011 5:38:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,