fot

Re: [Fot] Gt6/spit diff question

To: "Scott Janzen" <sjanzen@me.com>, "Christopher Bock"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gt6/spit diff question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:52:13 -0600
My offset bushings move the hole, what? Half an inch?

They've been in my car some 40-odd years now! Originally when it was a
street car, now as a race car. Never had any vibration issue with them.
(Speed traps at Road America caught me at 100-plus at the Runoffs last
September, no vibration).

In fact, some 20 years ago we re-mounted the diff even higher by making new
mounting holes in the frame to push it up as high as space allowed, maybe
another inch. Still no issues.

That's what U-joints are for.  :-)  The change in the angle is minimal, and
the change at the front of the diff is zero because the front mountings are
in the same place.

At least, that's my experience with them.

--Rocky