fot

[Fot] Old sports car footage

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Old sports car footage
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:46:14 -0800 (PST)
Group: Since we are on the subject of old photos, this video surfaced on
another list I am a member of. It is a tribute to Lloyd Ruby, the greatest
driver to never win Indy. Although there is a lot of Indy car footage Ruby was
also a very successful driver in sports cars and stock cars. At the 4:10 point
of the video is footage of Ruby driving a Cobra at the 1964 or 1965 24 Hours
of Daytona. It shows him passing a TR3. It would be very cool if there was
some way of identifying the car/driver of that car. Perhaps Kas would know who
it is.
I had a chance to meet Ruby three years ago at a gathering we were having in
the area where I was showing my '39 Champ car. He was truly an interesting
guy; full of stories of the great days, but, being from Wichita Falls, Texas
you had to be patient as he spoke in a slow Texas drawl. Sadly, he passed two
years ago.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qR62ONHLIw&feature=player_embedded

-Ed-
fot@autox.team.net