fot

[Fot] Oil pump query

To: fot friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Oil pump query
From: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 20:12:50 -0700
Happy New Year all,
I've only used stock oil pumps in the past for the TR4, but recently
came across something different. The outer rotor has machined
"flutes" tapered to a depth of about .060". Although it came with a
bunch of used parts, I think its NOS from about 30 years ago.
So... typical "hi-flow" that I would want to use? Or a cavitation
prone idea that I should stay away from? Even if it's a common piece
or something you've never seen either, any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Greg "Lunker" Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM

Prepping for the Kas Cup at the Mitty - which leads to another
question. Can anyone lead me to a good track map of Road Atlanta? The
track's web site just shows a basic layout without distances or
elevations. Is the back straight a up-hill pull? That might help. But
it looks awfully long - as in my 4:10 gears [without overdrive] might
be a bit short.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html