fot

[Fot] advice required

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] advice required
From: Richard Jacob <jacobr3151@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 03:44:52 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
I have a TR4 which I am redoing. I have taken body off frame and
have completed sandblasting and painting of frame. I am acquiring components
so I can restart assembly to frame. I have some questions seeking advice #1 my
car has lever rear shocks, how can I tell if these require to be
reconditioned?

                                                                    what
type/brand name oil can I use for these shocks?

                                                                    if they
require to be reconditioned, any suggestions where to get this done?

                 #2 my car has a solid rigid axle which has been removed with
the rear end as one component, I have not taken off the rear end cover plate
yet but I plan to so I can do an inspection, what  should I think about
replacing as per seals/bearing etc, since the rear end assembly is now out of
the
car?
                  should I replace the rear end oil with standard gear oil or
any other suggestions?

                                             any other other helpful
suggestions with regards to inspection/etc would be appreciated?

                 #3 I am replacing front coils any suggestions with regards to
what front shocks I should be using?

I would like to thank you in advance
for your time and knowledge.
Regards Richard